Monday, August 12, 2013

It's Alive!

Blowing the dust off this thing.  I need to keep writing.

So here's a recap.

Still married. 

Kid is still in Texas.

DSister#2 was diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma around March/April of last year.  Went 1 round of chemo then radiation.  Knocked it on its butt.  Currently in a holding pattern.  Blood work is looking good.  One tiny spot of "activity".  Awaiting next scan to see if she is done "cooking" yet.  Crossing fingers that she is officially in remission. 

Thing I didn't know:  cancer can be gone, but there still be a tumor.  Which she has.  Which sucks because its in a tricky place.

Still have 3 dogs.

My sisters and I are participating in two fundraising walks to fund research for blood cancers this fall.  If you have extra change in your couch that you want to give to a great cause, drop me a line. 

Those are the basics.

More to come, because I just had a really neat weekend. 

No comments: