Thursday, January 16, 2014

Practice






 I need practice.  So I think I am going to throw a few things out here just to work out some kinks. 

I have two WIP going that have been out there with me for forever.  One is a fan fiction off my much loved TV show Supernatural.  The other actually predates it, and yet seem timely now that vampires, angels, demons and werewolves are all pretty mainstream now days.

In a way, they kind of go hand in hand. While I was writing Sanctuary, I discovered this little show called Supernatural.  I was having trouble getting my fix on my hero.  I kinda knew what I wanted, but I just couldn't put a finger on it.  Then I discovered Mr. Jensen Ackles.



Bingo, my hero Michael had a face.  Old pic of Jensen, I know, but as I said I've been working on this for forever.  Never mind a fangirl crush was born. 


Yup.  Spent an entire bonus from work just to make this happen.  Soooo worth it, by the way.  Although to my dear husband's amusement, the first thing I said coming out of the photo op was, "Hey, Cliff (the bodyguard) winked at me!"  Got to give the husband extra credit for holding my purse while I spent a good chunk of change to get a 5 second photo with someone that wasn't my husband.

Ok.  Back to writing.  If I could just stop squeeing every time I look at that photo ...

The next few posts are going to be in need of some serious polish, so be forewarned.  It may not be pretty.  It may be bare.  It may be dull and lifeless.  I've been with these scenes for so long that I need fresh eyes on them to help me see where it needs polish.  Heck, it may even need a crash cart.

So feel free to comment.  Just be constructive.  Mean people suck worse than dead bears.


No comments: