Monday, February 05, 2007

Movie Review: Black Dahlia, The Gridiron Gang, Invincible & The Illusionist

I had a coupon so DH and I went nuts and rent FOUR movies. Woo-hoo!

The results were 50/50. I really didn't like the Black Dahlia. It didn't make a whole lot of sense to me. By the time the murder was solved, I didn't care and was distracted by more than one ick factor. I'd hoped it would be better.

The Gridiron Gang is the latest with the "Rock". DH likes him and I think he's entertaining to watch. The man has some white teeth. It was ok.

Invincible was with Mark Wahlberg. Despite taking place during the '70s, it was pretty good. Two football movies - can you tell it was Super Bowl weekend? And this from two not real huge football fans. Anyway, I think I'm really getting burned out on the feel-good sports movies. And according to the previews, there are at least two more coming out. Ugh.

Finally, we saw The Illusionist with Edward Norton. This was by far my favorite of the bunch. A period piece, magic, and a twist at the end? Loved it.

No comments: