Friday, November 30, 2007

Christmas Is Coming

Duh. I work retail too. I've been hearing Christmas music since mid-October.

The good news is I'm starting to feel it. Thanksgiving is over. We assistants at work put up the tree in our department yesterday. I bought DH a present. That in itself was a major deal because it isn't even December yet. Well, Ok. December is tomorrow, but still.

I'm grabbing my compilation CD and putting it in the car. If I feel really brave, I might bring it into the office even.

The weather is getting cold. We've had to defrost the windows in the mornings. I just read a story in the newspaper from my hometown that someone hit a snowman with his truck and the head flew off, smashing another car's window. Ok, there's two things there. They've had some snow, and there is a certain mentality to the locals there. Still, kinda funny.

Yes, Christmas is coming. I'm not freaking. At least, not yet. I just may be in the enjoyment phase of it all right now, even working retail.

Happy Holidays, everyone. And no, that is not a cop-out. Whatever your flavor, whatever you celebrate, I hope it is a great one for all the right reasons. I happen to believe that the birth of a child in a manger made anything possible, and I wish for peace and goodwill for all humankind.

Next time: Adventure At The Mall. Or, What The @#$% Were You Thinking?

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I still refuse to believe another Christmas is already here. Haven't put any decorations up yet, even though I usually do it Thanksgiving weekend. Maybe this weekend...no promises though

Anonymous said...

This is the first time a snowman has been killed in a hit-and-run accident, right?

Funny story. It's cold here, today, too. Frost everywhere.

Good post.

Scope Dope Cherrybomb said...

Merry Christmas to you too. I hope you have a chance to put your feet up, have a nice egg nog and relax once the rush is over.

Try to remember when the pissy lady comes and gives you a hard time that there is a candle just for her. Cow urine isn't it? :-)

Keziah Fenton said...

CB's caroling through the night
Jack Frost nipping Frosty's nose
Yuletide carols sung by the fire
Let you know you're loved


Hey! I hope you get a chance to enjoy the holidays with your family. Missed you tonight

CMS

Anonymous said...

I'm here late, so I'll be quiet....

Silent night, Holy night, all is calm, all is bright. Round yon virgin mother and child, Holy infant so tender and mild, Sleep in heavenly peace.

Sleep in heavenly peace.

Are you feeling it yet?

Merry Christmas!

Scope Dope Cherrybomb said...

Sleep in heavenly peace.

I wish you a Merry Christmas
I wish you a Merry Christmas
I wish you a Merry Christmas
And a Happy New Year.

I think Diane and I are the only ones left singing so I am going to bed now but in case you missed the message in my song(s) Merry Christmas.

BCB said...

Glad tidings we bring
To you and your kin;
Glad tidings for Christmas
And a happy New Year!

Merry Christmas, Btuda! We missed having you with us last night. Hope you get some time off from the job(s) soon and can enjoy the holiday.

rssasrb said...

We wish you a merry Christmas
We wish you a merry Christmas
We wish you a merry Christmas and a
Haaapppy New Year.

I hope you and your DH and DSS have a wonderful Christmas and the best new year yet.

Anonymous said...

Frosty the Snowman
Was a jolly happy soul
With a corncob pipe and a button nose
And two eyes made out of coal

Frosty the Snowman
Is a fairytale they say
He was made of snow
But the children know
How he came to life one day

There must have been some magic
In that old silk hat they found
For when they placed it on his head
He began to dance around

Frosty the Snowman
Was alive as he could be
And the children say
He could laugh and play
Just the same as you and me

Frosty the Snowman
Knew the sun was hot that day
So he said let's run
And we'll have some fun
Now before I melt away

Down to the village
With a broomstick in his hand
Running here and there all around the square
Saying catch me if you can

He led them down the streets of town
Right to the traffic cop
And he only paused a moment when
He heard him holler stop

Frosty the Snowman
Had to hurry on his way
But he waved goodbye
Saying don't you cry
I'll be back again some day

Thumpety thump thump
Thumpety thump thump
Look at Frosty go
Thumpety thump thump
Thumpety thump thump
Over the hills of snow

Theresa said...

Merry Christmas, Btuda! I hope that there are lots of hugs and smiles and laughter with you and your family today and every other day this year!

We wish you a Merry Christmas
We wish you a Merry Christmas
We wish you a Merry Christmas
and a Happy New Year!

I may be late to the caroling, but I'm loud. Hope I didn't wake you too early! :+)