Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Day 7

I spent three hours of yesterday with the house inspector going over the house. As far as I know, there are just a few minor things (an ungrounded outlet here, no safety cable on the garage door there) and a wee bit of mold in the crawlspace. Hopefully we can convince the owner to take care of these and we'll be on our way.

Observation: After spending three hours in my new home-to-be I decided that I hated the knobs on the cabinets. Then I added up all the knobs we'd have to replace: 37. Maybe they're not so bad anyway.

Also, the main bathroom has this funky brick wall treatment. I love the colors, but after pondering this for a while I decided it made me feel like I was taking a leak in an upscale-yet-still-seedy alley. Hmm.

Time will tell, right?

4 comments:

McB said...

So replace one knob a month or something. You can make it funky (to match the bathroom) and getting different styles for each door.

Huh. I actually rather like that idea.

Congratulations on the new house!

tustrocl: do you have them inspect for this?

McB said...

Ooh, better: invite all the CBs over and we'll bring doorknobs and housewarming gifts.

rutgo: it's trying to confuse you. It's still just grout

Keziah Fenton said...

I agree with McB though you might want to specify what kind of doorknobs you want otherwise it could get really funky. :D

I had the same reaction to my kitchen cupboard knobs. They're still there five years later. There were other things I couldn't live with though. Like baby diaper yellow bedroom walls. :(

Keziah Fenton said...

Hey! Did you move in already? We haven't heard from you. How was Christmas at the candle place? Ridiculously busy I imagine. Miss you!!!