Wednesday, July 26, 2006

The Whip Guy

Chris Camp, "The Whip Guy"

I took my ten year-old stepson and my husband to see his show at the local library last week. It was great fun, and the walls and ceiling were only scarred a little bit. I have to say I was hooked as soon as I heard he was inspired by Indiana Jones. I knew just then Chris was a guy after my movie-loving heart. Chris is a world champion whip cracker and holds a Guinness Book World Record. Best of all, he is entertaining, informative, and yes, funny. Of course, if you made your living as a whip cracker and had no sense of humor what-so-ever, me thinks that invites a whole other world of comments and ribbing. The show was completely worth losing all feeling in my legs from sitting on the floor for an hour. His site is: www.thewhipguy.com.

Do whip masters have groupies? The DH and I are thinking about catching his show at the Illinois State Fair.

And hey, you--yeah, you--get your mind out of the gutter. We're not that into whips, or groupie-ness, thank you very much. But Indiana Jones is too cool. I cannot tell you how many times I tore apart my jump ropes to make a whip. Hooray! They are making a 4th movie. I love Harrison Ford, but Indy is kinda getting up there. If they pair him up with some twenty-year-old love interest, I just might hurl. Come on, folks. I came up with a story line nearly twenty years ago featuring myself (of course) as his daughter/niece/long lost cousin (I was what? Twelve?). I heard one rumor that Natalie Portman was going to play his daughter. I hope so, only let's give her a little bit more kick butt attitude than gee-let's-die-of-a-broken-heart Padame. Come on. The mother of Princess "Get this walking carpet out of my way" Leia is going to die of a broken heart? I so pictured her giving Anakin all heck for going Darth on her and hiding the kids, sacrificing herself to protect the future generation. I mean, Leia is/was my first concept of a romantic heroine. I'll have to post my article on it sometime.

Back to the Harrison Ford/Natalie Portman thing, the Lucas/Spielberg world is a small one. Apparently, Han's mother-in-law is Indy's daughter? Ewwww.

No comments: