Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Ode to Trent



Trent is my miniature schnauzer. He is a fifteen pound terror, but look how cute he is! I know, my momness is showing. Trent was given to us by my dear friend Cindy as a wedding present. She raises schnauzers and I have known her since the second grade. Despite that, she has remained my dear friend.

In case you are wondering "Why Trent?", the answer is this: pure laziness. Cindy's daughter named him and when we brought him home, no one could agree on a new name. Naming a pet is biggie for me. I had charts and everything. I think it boiled down to the fact that whenever we said, "Trent," he looked mildly interested, so the name stuck.

People who don't know the dog's back story think I have a thing for my insurance agent, as Trent is his name too. No, I do not have the hots for my insurance agent. My father works for an insurance company and I worked for one for seven years too. I certainly don't need it in my personal life too. I adore my DH, but if he worked in insurance, I might have had to reconsider the whole thing.

By the way, the big red dog looks a lot like my mom's golden retriever Molly. Trent is the little brother she never wanted. Talk about sibling rivalry. Naturally, if one is getting petted, the other has to be petted too. Bob forbid the wrong mom pet the wrong dog. I swear, if dogs could talk these two would sound a lot like, "Mom! He/She's touching me! He/she got more than I did! Mom likes me better!"

Molly stayed with us over Thanksgiving while my folks were in town. My sister has a bigger bed, so she got my parents. We have a fenced in yard, hence the dog sitting. Schnauzers don't shed, so it takes a bit of adjustment when you have a one hundred pound redhead exploding fur everywhere in the house for several days. Still, it was a good visit for all, even if my socks are still getting extra fuzzy.

Hopefully Trent will be good for DH as it looks like I may be starting a second job soon. I have an interview tonight so wish me luck!

3 comments:

Scope Dope Cherrybomb said...

You made me laugh. It is like that when Sheryl brings her dog Ky over. My shepherd, Tara, sits on one side of me, Ky on the other and I am expected to pet both of them for the next two hours or until my arms drop off, which usually comes first.
Tara really loves Sheryl so sometimes she seems to be a little jealous that Sheryl gives Ky attention. Tara is the older dog by nine years so Ky will have a lot of years to be Top dog.
Cute post and cute dog.

Scope Dope Cherrybomb said...

P.S. Penny is Scope Dope

Anonymous said...

There's always Trent Reznor. /;+)