Monday, March 12, 2007

Astounding! Decent weather on my Birthday!


Ok, folks. In my now thirty-seven years on this planet, I've had my birthday in every freak snowstorm imaginable, sub-zero temperatures, and even tornados. This year, IT WAS GORGEOUS. Temps in the mid-fifties, the sun was shining, birds were singing. For March, let alone my birthday, this was just short of miraculous. Of course, it was Sunday, and I did go to church, so maybe someone is trying to tell me He's noticed that I'm trying a bit harder of late.


And here is photographic proof that yes, the sun was shining. That's us: DSS, Sister #1, DH and me in the black jacket. Sister #2 is taking the picture. Hacienda is my favorite restaurant, and worth every second of the 40 minute drive to get there. Actually it is the only mexican restaurant I like, and has a shredded beef wet burrito that will melt in your mouth. That, and I think I ran them out of chips and salsa.

It's been a very good weekend. DH got me/us a new car stereo. My car on a daily basis, but ours on weekends and family trips. I LOVE my tunes. I am a complete diva in the car. Of course, reality is always a harsh blow. For example, the time I was singing along, waiting at a stop light with the windows down, and the @#%$! radio conked out. Let's just say I amused way more people than normal that day. So, yay to the new stereo!

I had a very good day, topped by the banana cake with buttercream frosting. Oh my Bob, is there any wonder I'm still full? Well, except for another slice of cake. There is always room for more cake...

No comments: