Friday, April 06, 2007

Pffbt Part 2

Doesn't it just figure.

My new toy, the DVR, had a "component malfunction" (ie, it would not correctly program TV channels) and we had to take it back.

And the store does not have any more. Not only that, they do not plan to get any more in. The next closest model costs nearly $60 more.

OK then. I'll drive around town on the off-chance that there is still one model left in one of the stores at the price I can afford, but I won't hold my breath.

Well, the toy was fun while it lasted. It'll be a few weeks before we buy another one. At least I got my wedding video taped and DSS's baby video.

In other news, my folks are coming to visit and the temperatures just dropped 30 degrees so we are hovering around freezing again. Maybe we should have all gone to their house for Easter. It's gotta be warm there than it is here.

2 comments:

Margaret said...

Dang, woman, you're having a good run of bad luck (to quote Clint Black, apparently retired country singer). First the fish, then the new toy, and now the weather. You have my sympathies, and I'm not even blessing your heart, so you know I'm sincere.

Stupid technology. Stupid fish. Stupid weather. But now, maybe without all those distractions, your dinner will be perfect! (Huh, just let your dinner guests complain! We'll be there with shovels before the last word is said!)

Hang in there.

btuda said...

At least my DH is not a funeral director like one of my friends. They've buried all their pets in tiny caskets. Then when they moved, they had to dig them all up. In the dead of night.

What I wouldn't have given to watch their neighbors getting drinks of water about that time of night.