Thursday, July 12, 2007

Come on, people. That was funny.

Ok, so yes, I've been in a bit of a funk for the past week or so, but come on. You have to admit that the "flaming turd" quote from DSS was pretty funny in the last post.

Yes, it was at the end of a rather morbid entry, but it is just one of those things that happens. Well, to me anyway. I'll be in a funk, mourning the only way I know how, and something will happen that will make me laugh hard enough to lay an egg. It reminds me that life has ups as well as downs, and that I will remember the phrase "flaming turds" far longer than a bible verse at a funeral.

Of course, that just may be part of my problem. I really should brush up on my bible verses, but dang it, the flaming turd story is just too good to pass up.

2 comments:

Margaret said...

Oh, Btuda, you're so right!

This stuff happens to me all the time: Something Serious and Somber happens and then there's a flash of hilarity gone awry, and I walk away feeling like I can truly cope.

I wish you many flaming turds. (Wait, that's not quite what I meant...)

btuda said...

Shh. It's not something I want everyone to know about... :)