Monday, July 09, 2007

Stick Me With A Fork, Part 2

My guinea pig up and died Saturday. If this isn't evidence that God has a twisted sense of humor, I don't know what is.

You see, on my last post I specifically forbade anyone else to die, that I was done with funerals. I suppose since technically Tiger wasn't a person, that left him out of the loop.

*Sigh* This really sucks.

It's been a rough week. A co-worker and friend passed away and I've been dealing with that both at work and at home. Then just as I was getting ready to leave for the funeral, I looked in on the guinea pig and found he had passed on as well.

I wonder if my friend likes guinea pigs.

It was left to me to break the news to my step-son. He already lost a hamster this year.

Me: Did you talk to your dad today?

Him: Not really.

Me: Did he tell you about the bad news?

Him: No.

Me: (muttering) Of course he didn't. Well, I've got some bad news to tell you then.

Him: How bad is it?

Me: Well, it's life.

Him: Okaaay.

Me: (taking a deep breath) Tiger passed away yesterday. I'm really sorry, bud.

Him: Well, that stinks.

Me: Yes, it does. It happened really fast and at least he isn't suffering.

Him: Trent's OK, right? (our dog)

Me: Yes. The vet said he is doing great.

Him: Good. That just really stinks about Tiger though. (A pause) Do you think the fireworks stand has any of those flaming turds left?

Me: What?

Him: Flaming turds. They are round and when you light them the turd comes out.

Me: Huh? You mean Snakes?

Him: Oh yeah. They look like turds though.

Ah yes. The brain of an 11 year old boy.

Meanwhile DH and I were digging a hole in the flower bed at 11:00 at night to bury Tiger so the neighbors wouldn't see. Like someone digging a hole in the dark isn't suspicious enough. Max (the hamster) is in an old check box in the other flower bed on the side of the house.

It is my most sincere wish that no one digs up the flower beds any time soon. I'd rather not explain all the bodies, however small.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry about Tiger. But DSS didn't seem too traumatized, so I guess that's good. Did he get his flaming turds? (LOL, BTW) See, just blow something up and even the saddest boy is happy again.

btuda said...

Flaming turds. I don't think I've laughed so hard in my life - later. I think I pulled a muscle trying to hold back at the time.

McB said...

You know, I never thought about it before, but they do look a bit like turds coming out, don't they?

Sorry to hear about Tiger. I have to say that digging in the flower bed would have been a lot less suspicious during daylight hours. Its a flower bed, its meant to be dug into. At night however, it takes on a nefarious shine.

Scope Dope Cherrybomb said...

Sorry Btuda but I have to agree with Mcb about the digging up flower beds.

Sorry about Tiger. It is always sad when a pet dies. It seems that it was harder on you telling DSS than it was on him.

I lol at the turds too. I always called those snakes. Leave it to a male child to come up with a potty term. LOL