Thursday, July 19, 2007

Rain

After having almost no rain for what seemed like months, we are in the middle of our third day of scattered storms here. Yay for the farmers, but I think the rest of us are tired of it now.

The rain may explain an annoying problem I've been having this week. It has taken an act of god to get me out of bed in the morning. And I've been tired all day. I get to work, and I tell my co-workers that I need an IV with Diet Coke in it. They laugh, but I'm starting to think it's a good idea.

Today it's Vanilla Coke Zero, but I'm still thinking about an IV.

What's worse, I have a desk job where I do not necessarily have to move around much. Falling asleep at my desk is a real possibility. If I had an office instead of being out in the middle of the department floor, falling asleep would be a certainty.

Does anyone else have problems staying away on rainy days? What do you do to wake yourself up?

I'm off to take a short walk up and down the stairs a few times. If I don't get moving, I'll fall asleep sorting the mail.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Diet Pepsi Max "Invigorating Cola" with extra caffiene and ginseng. It's new and it's fabulous. IV not included.

Keziah Fenton said...

Giant fruit smoothie with berries, bananas and pineapple. Pain the butt to make, tastes delicious and no sugar crash later in the morning. Failing that? Giant Hershey's bar with almonds LOL

I stay in constant motion. That may keep me awake but not necessarily coherent.