Thursday, October 12, 2006

Janet and Alex Rules!

DH and I took a long weekend and visited my parents and (wink, wink) Janet Evanovich just happened to have a book signing in Nashville Monday night. Not only was I able to be among the first fifteen fans in line, but I got to meet Alex too.

Can you tell I'm trying to restrain myself here? Because what I really want to say is, "OHMYGOD I GOT TO MEET JANET AND THAT WAS SOOOO COOL AND ALEX WAS FREAKIN' AMAZING TO MEET TOO AND JANET SIGNED MY LIKE FAVORITE BOOK AND OHMYGOD IT WAS LIKE FAN-TASTIC!"

But, no, I'm restraining myself.

Seriously, this was a major deal for me. I am an absolute Plum Crazy fan and harass Alex on the Q&A all the time. I was afraid if I told Alex who I was she'd call security. That and there were tons of people in line and I didn't want to be a pig. Well, any more of a pig than I already was.

As for the DH and DSS portion of the weekend, we were lucky enough to be in town for the Orange County Choppers 2006 tour. For those of you who don't know, OCC is the motorcycle garage on American Choppers on the Discovery Channel with Paul Sr, Paulie, Mickey, Vinnie, Rick, Cody, Christian, Jason, and the rest of the gang. I'm not a true motorcycle person, but I can truly appreciate the beauty of these bikes. They brought twelve of their choppers with them for the fans to see and the level of detail was just insane. The television just doesn't do them justice. It was a great show, and family-oriented which was nice, especially considering I had no idea what to expect. I was accidentally in Sturgis at the beginning of the big rally up there one year. At first I wasn't intimidated, but then I saw part of the pay-per-view special from after I left ... and you can probably kinda guess the reasons for my hesitation from there. There are hard-core bikers and then there are great families who have bikes.

And Mikey ... that guy just cracks me up. I'd consider myself a serious groupie, but well, I'm married and that seriously cuts down on my lusting after the funny guy. Gotta love Mikey though.

So now we are back in Indiana and it just started to snow. Flurries, really, but still. Ugh. I wanna go back already.

No comments: