Monday, December 11, 2006

Welcome to CandleWorld

I think I like it.

Friday night I began my second job -- retail, at the mall, at Christmastime. So far, so good. The people are nice, there are only about a dozen prices to remember, and it smells good. Saturday was harder only because it was eight hours on my feet and it's been at least ten years since I've stood that long on a regular basis. Yes, I crashed yesterday, but oh well. I'm pretty sure that's a sign I need to be more active. Ten years at various desk jobs hasn't done me any favors.

The only reservation I really have about the Candle World job is about getting paid in a timely basis. I know I just started, so there will be some delay in getting the first check. The first day I started, a person was annoyed because their check was late. And it was brought up that someone else's check was three weeks late. What's the point of working Christmas if you don't get paid until after Christmas? I suppose we shall see on Thursday, unless of course it's later than that. Sounds fun (insert sarcasm here). Normally I'd say that surely it couldn't be that bad, but then I know better. Yes, Virginia, it could.

The cold is progressing slowly. I'm praying I'm not getting an ear infection and the extra vitamin C and Zinc may actually be helping. See? This is what I get for not eating my veggies. I hate veggies, but I hate being sick even more.

So, here's a lesson for you all. Eat your fruits and veggies. Or at the very least, take your vitamins.

No comments: