Friday, December 01, 2006

Happy Computer Security Day

Swear to Bob, this was on the Homepage on the intranet at work:

- TODAY IS COMPUTER SECURITY DAY, A TIME TO REMEMBER TO PROTECT YOUR COMPUTERS,
PROGRAMS, AND DATE AT HOME AND AT WORK.

Um, date at home and at work? And how exactly is this going to protect my computer? I don't even know how you would begin to date at home, unless you took it to mean your hometown, which might not be bad. Unless you're from Romney, pop 37. But at work? Didn't I just attend a sexual harassment seminar recently?

(For those who cannot tell, INSERT SARCASM HERE. THIS IS AN ATTEMPT TO APPEAR FUNNY.)

I REALLY, REALLY want a job as the person to who puts stuff on the site. I have all sorts of useless information to share, not to mention the whole quality control thing. I'm every bit as good as whoever they have now :)

Woo-hoo! I got the second job I applied for. Now in addition to my day job of 40 hours a week, I now get to spend a few hours at the mall ... during Christmas ... should I be excited about this?

Actually, yes. Sad to say, but money is a necessary evil and we've been really short lately, so here's my input. I'll be at a small little store that I'll call Candle World. The biggest bonus will be that I will smell nice when I come home. No greasy french fries or sea food smell! That and the working wage has gone up considerably since I last worked retail. I don't start until next weekend, which kinda threw me. It sounds like I'll miss half the shopping season. We'll have to see how it goes.

Good luck, shoppers!

No comments: