Thursday, May 10, 2007

In Memory

I may be going dark for a few days.

My uncle passed away yesterday. While he was seriously ill and in a VA hospital, his passing was sudden and unexpected.

The funeral is in Delaware, about a 12 hour drive. If I can rearrange my work schedule in time, I'll be spending a lot of time on the road.

My uncle was a good man with very human flaws, and shared my dad's oddball sense of humor. You haven't lived until you've spent three hours in the car with the two of them going, "Turn left." "Left, right?" "Right." "Right?" "No, LEFT." Seriously. For three hours.

He will be missed.

6 comments:

Margaret said...

btuda,

I'm very sorry for your loss.

{{{{{{{Hugs}}}}}}}}}

Sigh. These things just never do get easy, do they?

Hang in there, gal. Come back when you're ready, and we'll all share in a toast to your uncle, life, and the unpredictability of it all.

Anonymous said...

((BIG HUGS)) I'm sorry. Remember those good times.

Keziah Fenton said...

(((((Btuda)))) I hope the drive is filled with many memories to help you through. I'll be thinking of you.

BCB said...

I came over here to see why you've been so quiet. I'm so sorry to hear about your uncle.

Sending hugs and love your way. Have a safe drive there and back, and let us know when you get home.

McB said...

(((hugs))) Stay safe and take care of yourself. We'll see you when you get back.

Anonymous said...

Btuda, my condolences join the queue of good thoughts being sent your way. It's always a loss. If you were close to the family member, then you mourn the loss of a friend. If you weren't close, then you mourn the loss of the opportunity to really get to know the relative. Either way you're sad. Please know that my sympathies have been added to the queue winging toward you.